Sunday, March 1, 2015

Soft Slab Inspiration

I am continuously fascinated by nature. In one of my previous projects, I wanted to use a "seasons" theme, but I didn't. I might use that theme to make four mugs/cups, having each of them represent a season.

As I looked through images on Google, I found a few interesting mugs. One mug had designs around the rim. Another one had waveish textures on the main part of the mug. This inspired me to possibly do something similar and to not simply create a plain mug.

I found this site: http://www.veniceclayartists.com/ceramic-mug-shots/ . This blog contains the work of many different artists. The textures, shapes, and designs of the different mugs showcased inspired some of the designs I came up with for my own mug. I really like how a few of the artists mixed together glazes to create cool effects. Others had interesting mug shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment